Something that excites me and fills me with joy.
Books definitely excite me. I love fiction books, adventure and fantasy stories are best. I prefer young adult books as I believe the writing is far superior to that of adult books. Although there are plenty of adult writers that I like, the way young adult genre writers write appeals to me. Finding a new book written by one of my fav authors fills me with joy, especially if I have the money there and then to buy said book.
My fav writers are:
- Garth Nix (The Abhorsan Trilogy/The Keys to the Kingdom Series/Across the Wall/To Hold the Bridge/Clariel/Shade’s Children)
- Trudi Canavan (The Black Magician Trilogy/The Traitor Spy Trilogy/The Magician’s Apprentice/Millennium’s Rule)
- Sophie Kinsella (Can You Keep a Secret/Shopaholic Series/The Undomestic Goddess/Finding Audrey/Wedding Night/I’ve Got Your Number/Remember Me?/Twenties Girl)
- Marian Keyes (Watermelon/Sushi for Beginners/The Woman who Stole my Life/Anybody Out There/The Mystery of Mercy Close/The Brightest Star in the Sky/This Charming Man)
- Derek Landy (Skulduggery Pleasant Series/Demon Road)
- Robert Muchamore (Cherub Series/Henderson’s Boys/Rock War)
- Michael Grant (Gone Series/Messenger of Fear/BZRK/Front Lines)
- Charlie Higson (The Enemy Series)
- Kirsty McKay (Undead/Unfed/Killer Game)
- Allison Croggon (The Books of Pellinor)
- Scott Westerfeld (Uglies/Pretties/Specials/Extras/Zeroes/Afterworlds/Leviathan/Goliath/Behemoth)
- Tim Bowler (River Boy/Night Runner/Strom Catchers/Game Changer/Star Seeker/Sea of Whispers/Frozen Fire/Buried Thunder/Midget and Dragon’s Rock/Shadows)
- Darren Shan (The Thin Executioner/Cirque Du Freak Series/Birth of a killer Series/Lady of the shades)
- And many, many more.
Tomorrow’s post: Something I regret not doing in the past year. (who wrote this list?)